Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Virtues of Sayyida Fatima (R.A.)

Dr. Tahir ul Qadri

Muhammad bin Ali narrates that the Messenger of Allah said, “Indeed Fatimah is a part of me. Hence, whosoever angers her angers me.”

Ali () narrates, “He was present in the company of the Messenger of Allah when the Holy Prophet asked, ‘What is best for a woman’ on this the companions remained quiet. When I ret urned home I asked Fatimah, ‘Tell me what is best for a woman?’ Fatimah ( (سلام الله عليها replied, ‘It is best for a woman that no men ( i. e. out side of one’s immediate family: brothers, f ather, uncle, husband, sons) see her. ’ I mentioned this to the Holy Prophet and he said, ‘ Indeed Fatimah is a part of me.’”

Thawban () , the Slave* of the Messenger of Allah , narr ates that whenever the Holy Prophet intended to go on a journey, the last person he would speak to from his family before setting off would be Fatimah ( سلام الله عل یھا ) . Once he () returned from a journey, the first per son the Holy Prophet would come to would be Fatimah.

Buraidah () narrates that from women Fatimah was the most beloved to the Holy Prophet and from the men Ali ( كرم الله وجهه ) was most dear to him .

The Mother of the Believer s Ayeshah ( رضي الله عنها ) narrates,“I have not seen anyone who resembled the Holy Prophet more in manners, habits, character and in the
method of sitting and standing than Fatimah the daughter of the Messenger of Allah.”

Miswar bin Makhramah narrates that the Holy Prophet said, “Fatimah is a part of me so whoever angers her angers me.”

Ayeshah ( رضي الله عنها ) narrates, “I was at home with the Messenger of Allah and we were in a humorous mood with each other when Fatimah ( سلام الله عليها ) came in.
The Holy Prophet took hold of her hand and seated her behind him and whispered something to her. I do not know what was whispered. Then I looked at Fat imah
سلام الله عليها) ) and she was cryin g. Then the Holy Prophet turned his attention to me and he talked and joked with me. The Holy Prophet then turned towards Fatimah, joked with her and whispered something to her. When I looked at Fatimah I noticed that she ( (سلام الله عليهاwas laughing. When the Holy Prophet got up and went out side, I asked Fatimah, ‘What did the Messenger of Allah whisper to you?’ She replied, ‘Whatever the Messenger of Allah whispered to me, I will not tell you about it.’ I said, ‘For the sake of Allah and my close relation to you (please tell me) .’ Then she said, ‘The Messenger of Allah told me that the time of his passing away has come near. The very thought of separation from the Messenger of Allah made me
cry. Then he turned to me and whispered that from the ‘people of the house’ I will be the first who will meet him again. In anticipation of meeting him, I laughed.’”

Abu Ayyub Ansari narrates the Holy Prophet said, “On the Day of Judgement an announcer from the depths of the Throne will announce, ‘Oh people! Bow your heads
and lower your gazes so that Fatimah daughter of Muhammad can cross the Br idge ( sira t).’ She will pass in the company of seventy thousand servants from the hur-ul-in ( superior female servants in Paradise) who will be like flashes of lightning.”

Abu Yazid Madani narrates that the Holy Prophet said, “Fatimah will be the first person to enter Paradise and she is to this ummah (nation) as Maryam was to the
‘Childr en of Israeel’ .”

Amr bin Dinar () narrates that Ayeshah ( رضي الله عنها ) said,“I have never seen anyone who is more truthful than Fatimah ( سلام الله عل یھا ) except for her f ather .”

Read full book: 
http://www.minhajbooks.com/images-books/virtus-syeda-fatima/virtus-syeda-fatima_1.pdf

Read more by Dr. Tahir ul Qadri:



BIOGRAPHY Professor Dr. Tahir-ul-Qadri:

Professor Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri earned his MA in Islamic Studies in 1972 with the University of the Punjab Gold Medal, achieved his LLB in 1974 and began to practise as a lawyer in the district courts of Jhang,Pakistan. He moved to Lahore in 1978 and joined the University of the Punjab as a lecturer in law and completed his doctorate in Islamic Law.  He also held the position of the Head of the Department for LLM in Islamic Legislation.

He is the founding leader of Minhaj-ul-Qur’an International (MQI), an organization with branches and centres in more than 90 countries around the globe, working for the promotion of peace and harmony between communities and the revival of spiritual endeavour based on the true teachings of Islam.

Dr Tahir ul Qadri is a prolific author and researcher. He has authored around 1000 books out of which 360 books are already published, and the rest of the 640 are yet to be published. An unrivalled orator and speaker, he has delivered over 5000 lectures (in Urdu, English and Arabic), on a wide range of subjects.

Courtesy:

No comments: