Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Jhok Ranjhan | Shah Hussain


Jhok Ranjhan | Shah Hussain

-

Lyric & Translation:

-
Main bhi jhok ranjhan di janan,
Naal meray koi challey.

Travelers, I too have to go
to the place of my beloved,
Is there anyone who will go with me?
Pairan pawondi, mintan kardi,
Janan tan peya ikalay.

I have begged many to accompany me, And
now I set out alone.
Nain bhi doongi, Tilla purana,
Sheenhan taan patan mallay.

The river is deep and the shaky bridge creaks,
As people step on it,
And the ferry is a known haunt of tigers.
Ratain dard, Deenhan darman si,
Ghao mitran de allhay.

During long nights I have been tortured
by my raw wounds.
Ranjhan yaar, Tabeeb seenda,
Main tan dard awallay.

I have heard in his lonely hut
knows the sure remedy.
Kahay Hussain Faqeer nimanan,
Sayeen seenhorey ghallay.

Humble begger Hussain says:
O God, send me a message
(invitation to come to you)
-






http://sufipoetry.wordpress.com/poets/shah-hussain/

No comments: